Thursday 24 February 2011

The Barker Bass.

Here's how I became aware of the BVB (Barker Vertical Bass)........................

It was a couple of years ago now, I was looking at various bass guitar makers & pages on MySpace when I stumbled upon Barker Basses. I was instantly intrigued. A bass guitar played vertically?? I had seen various bass players play with there bass at almost a vertical position before, namely Carlos Del Puerto from Irakere but I'd never seen a bass like this before.

I instantly contacted Barker basses to say "Hey, nice instruments". I then received a message from Lee Barker thanking me for my interest and remained in contact with Lee throughout the passing months.

I was then approached by Lee to become an endorser of the BVB. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity. The Barker I play is a Custom B1 5 string Fretless.
Here is the spec....

Ebony Fingerboard, Cherry & Alder chambered body, Gotoh tuners, Seymour Duncan J bass style passive electronics, Rotosound nylon tru bass strings.


Check out these exquisite handmade instruments by Lee Barker of Redmond, Oregon, USA at.

www.barkerbass.com

No comments:

Post a Comment